When purchasing individual or family health insurance, a person can choose health insurance which covers maternity that will pay for all costs associated with becoming pregnant. Anyone with a current or new health insurance policy can include this benefit for themselves or their spouse so that, when the time comes, we will cover and take care of all of your maternity expenses for the delivery of a baby and/or treatment-related to any complications in the pregnancy or medically necessary termination.
The coverage also covers costs related to infertility concerns, hospitalisation fees for the newborn due to any medical complications, and vaccination fees up to 90 days after the date of delivery.
Because significant events like this don’t occur frequently.
The beginning of motherhood and the arrival of a new kid can be one of the most beautiful yet challenging times of our lives, whether you are planning for it for the first or second time.
The period of maternity, childbirth and everything that comes with it can frequently become stressful, whether you want to start a family soon or give your current child a sister to bond with. After all, it’s always a good idea to plan for both the scheduled and unanticipated scenarios.
Maternity insurance is best for the following people
- Newlyweds who intend to have children within the next two to three years at the very least
- Who intends to wed soon and have a child in the following two to three years
- Who already has a child but intends to have another one within the next two years at the very least
- Who don’t intend to have children any time soon but still want to be protected.
Why is maternity leave such a big deal for young couples?
- Economic stability – During one of the most significant times in your life, maintain your financial stability. Your health insurance’s maternity benefit will ensure that you don’t have to spend a lot of your funds and that you enjoy a stress-free pregnancy, delivery, and start to parenthood.
- Taking it easy when parenting – In order to allow you to rest, recuperate, and enjoy the start of your new journey, maternity benefit covers not only costs associated with delivery but also your newborn baby’s first 90 days.
- Important long-term benefits – When you have a second child, certain maternity insurance policies offer additional health insurance benefits on the Sum Insured.
- Protects you from medically required terminations – Possess the choice to end your pregnancy medically if necessary. The maternity benefit coverage we provide covers the medically necessary and legal terminations of pregnancies.
What steps should I take to select the finest maternity health insurance coverage?
It makes sense that picking the best maternity insurance can be so difficult. The following are some considerations to bear in mind in your current individual health insurance or are purchasing individual health insurance for the first time:
- Opt for it in advance – Choosing the maternity benefit well in advance is always a good idea. There is typically a waiting period before you can use certain benefits, such as those for maternity leave and critical illnesses. *
- Check sum incurred: The sum insured is how much you’ll be reimbursed for hospital and delivery-related costs. In modern urban India, the typical cost of giving birth is between Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 75,000, while a C-section may cost between Rs. 80,000 and Rs. 1 lakh. *
- Advantages: There’s a reason it’s called the Maternity Benefit! Every health insurance plan offers its subscribers a variety of perks. Compare the maternity benefits offered by several plans of health insurance which cover maternity and choose the one that you believe best meets your needs.
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.